In May’s update, we shared the gates blocking shipping on both the hardware and software side of things, and continued to post updates throughout the month of June about the progress made in these areas on our website. Below we’re revisiting progress on each of these areas:
Gate 1 – Mass Production of Hardware ✅
- We ramped-up hardware production in May and took advantage of the recent software delays to further improve and automate end-of-line testing for the hardware produced so far.
- This past week, our first official pallet has been shipped to California with all the final EOL testing and “First Boot” software. These units are the exact same hardware that will be sent out to all of you! A majority of this first pallet will be used for our final round of beta testing before we ship to customers to ensure that the changes implemented in recent months will make for an awesome out-of-the-box experience.
- Going forward, we are targeting to send additional larger shipments to our warehouse every 1-2 weeks and will begin staging inventory for shipment to customers as final customer software integrations are completed.
Gate 2 – “First Boot Mode” Software ✅
- We were originally holding back shipments to our California-based warehouse while waiting for the final software that would be loaded to the SOLOSHOT3 Base, aka “First Boot Mode”. This software walks you through initial set-up of a SOLOSHOT account, and more importantly, connects to our cloud to download the full SOLOSHOT3 software suite. This is the last time we get to have contact with your SOLOSHOT3, so we had to be sure that the cloud connection and update software was solid.
- A particularly vexing bug was recently introduced that impacted the “Over the Air” (OTA) update and took much longer to squash than we initially thought. We are excited that it has finally been fixed and tested thoroughly, enabling us to update the hardware and ship the first pallet to California!
Gate 3 – Customer Software Readiness 🛠
With the other 2 gates finally completed, the team has turned full attention to a few remaining items that are part of the SOLOSHOT3 software suite downloaded from the cloud to your Base during your first boot up experience. These items include:
- User Interface Clean-up
- Incorporate recent beta user feedback for more intuitive ease of use
- On-screen tutorials
- Copy sweep
- Squashing bugs as they arise
- Camera Software
- Finalizing our Optical Image Stabilization software to our unique hardware and application.